What our experts say
Why is any association between 5G and COVID-19 false?, 5G is the fifth generation mobile network after 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G networks were built. This network was designed to unite people, machines, devices, and other technology using securer speeds, more security, higher capacity, improved availability, and improved production standards in comparison to the elder generations of mobile networks from the 1990s (1G) to the 2010s (4G). The 5G network was created around the rise in smartphones and devices which required more from the 4G wireless network than it could afford.
As the COVID-19 pandemic started to spread, the 5G mobile network was also happening around the world. In January of 2020, some social media users proposed that the spread of 5G was attending stimulate or directly making the spread of the virus, despite there being no data to confirm this result. COVID-19 is created by a virus strain called critical acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and is spread principally through the respiratory tract when an infected person coughs, sneezes sings, talks, or breathes and develop the virus into the air. 5G mobile technology can’t reach this virus.
There have been companies that the short amount of radiation that the technology offers can reduce the free system, making people more prone to become contaminated with the virus. Even though this low level of radiation may be transmitted through 5G networks, if it were at hot enough levels to reduce the immune system, most people who use their smartphones to enter the network would likely be very sick, which is not the problem. 5G is very like to have lower potential health results than the previous generations of mobile networks. It has been created to use and emit less energy while also reducing operating expenses.
Additionally, radiation is not the very thing as energy. Radiation happens when an object falls off energy, and that energy runs through some sort of channel and then becomes occupied by another thing. You can create about this like a little flame that benefits boil a cup of water. As the fire goes through the metal channel (the pot) it becomes understood until it is hot enough to make the water start working.
We are shown to radiation every day, including the radiation generated by the sun when it goes to our skin. This does not imply it is radioactive. 5G base stations, phones, and frequencies are very likely to work within security parameters so they don’t lose the protected system or increase the risk of cancer in any important way.
On the other palm, radioactivity is the accidental emission of radiation that originates from a nuclear response like nuclear weapons and reports. The number of radiation that extends from 5G networks is small in comparison to the radioactivity noted above and does not hurt the human safe system, let only cause COVID-19.
Radiation from 5G towers does not combine with air to become dangerous or block people from being ready to breathe. Similarly, 4G and 5G radiation do not shoot birds, a theory that has been comprehensively disproven by scientists, researchers, and bird clubs.
Context and background
Since January 2020, plot theories have arisen about the results of 5G mobile networks on human health, including as a potential problem of COVID-19. Though this myth has been exposed frequently over the last 15 months as false, the story remains to walk among social media breaks. A mobile technology can’t cause a contagious disease like COVID-19.
- COVID-19, 5G plots and infrastructural futures (Media International Australia)
- ‘Corona? 5G? or both?’: the dynamics of COVID-19/5G plot theories on Facebook (Media International Australia)
- RETRACTED: 5G Technology and installation of coronavirus in skin cells (Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents)
- COVID-19 and the 5G Conspiracy Theory: Social Network Analysis of Twitter Data (Journal of Medical Internet Research)
- 5G Radiofrequency – RF-EMF (International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection)
- Report combining 5G to COVID-19 quickly exposed (Medical Xpress)
- The excitement over 5G, read (Vox)
- 5G is not dangerous to your health: Breaking the radiation hazard myth (Deloitte)
- Conspiracy theorists hurt 5G towers challenging connection to the virus (Associated Press News)
- Everything you want to know about 5G (Qualcomm)
- How the 5G coronavirus plot theory went from edge to mainstream (Vox: recode)
- 5G doesn’t cause COVID-19, but the rumour it does cast like a virus (EurekAlert!)
- Bill Gates, Wuhan Lab, 5G: 9 stupid conspiracy theories COVID has produced (yahoo! news)
- No, 5G Radio Waves Do Not Kill Birds (National Audubon Society)